Crochet Mermaid Tail *GIVEAWAY* DIY Seashell Bra, Flower Crown, & Tulle Tutu.

"Look at this stuff, isn't it neat?"

Okay, So Hendley didn't have luscious red locks, but was did make a pretty stinking cute mermaid!

I am super excited to be sharing these pictures once again and giving back to my followers! My friend, Amanda, was the one that made Hendley's mermaid tale last summer. When I mentioned how big of a hit it was with you guys, she was super excited to make another one for one lucky follower to win! 

Later this evening I will be adding pictures to this post of the steps I took to make the rest of the mermaid outfit. My mom and I spent all day making this seashell bra and crown and I am {Still} obsessed with it! It was super easy, I know you can do it too!


1. Subscribe to my blog

2. Comment on this post

That's it! Two easy steps and you are done!

DIY Seashell Bra

1. I bought a bag of seashells from Hobby Lobby. I will be honest, this was probably the priciest point of the whole project. Seashells aren't as cheap as I thought they were!

2. I bought 3 different shades and finishes of purple acrylic paint. I wanted an ombre effect and used a brush to apply the paint.

3. I picked out some beads that I thought would be perfect for this look. This is something you could really spend money on if you wanted to depending on how in depth you would like to go with the costume.

4. I applied the E6000 with a toothpick and layered on the beads until I was happy with the outcome.

5. *forgot to include a picture* but I bought a role of the purple headband elastic, measured it around Hendley, and used the E6000 to glue the edges together and the shells on the center.

6. I put the finished product out in the sun to speed up the drying process.

DIY Crown

1. I bought a roll of lace that had a scalloped edge. Believe it or not, there are MANY options! This one was my favorite:)

2. I bought a metallic and glitter gold paint. I applied the metallic first and then put the glitter over it (with a paint brush). You will definitely want to put something underneath the lace because this can get pretty messy as the paint goes all the way through! I painted both sides of the lace.

3. After it dried, I sprayed the lace with the Stiffen Quik. I rolled the lace into the crown shape, glued the edges with E600, and placed it outside to dry

4. I painted a thing piece of elastic with the gold paint, glued it on the dry lace, and began using hot glue to place my flowers around the crown:)


Out of everything, this was by FAR the easiest. I pulled this off in less than 30 minutes!

1. I took my purple elastic headband material and measured it to Hendley's little body.

2. I cut strips of tulle (purple metallic and lavender) and began alternating in color as I looped them through the holes of the headband material. You can make this as fluffy/full as you would like depending on the length you cut your fabric!

3. I did not attach this to the mermaid tail. I put tutu on Hendley and then placed the mermaid tail over her legs. The goal of the tutu was to just cover up any of her diaper that might have been showing in the pictures. Oh, and to add to this adorable outfit!

Please comment below with your thoughts and questions!

Much Love,