So, I know this is long and overdue. Hendley is almost NINE months old and I am just now sharing her nursery with you!! I am such a perfectionist, I feel like everything has to be PERFECT before I can take pictures and share it with you guys. I am really trying to get over that!!
The pictures I am sharing with you are the ones I took before we got anything up on the walls, curtains hung, and her bookshelf up! I plan on sharing those pictures with you in another post because I may or may not have a fun little tutorial for you guys;).
A little bit about her nursery:
1. The theme changed SO much before I finally made a choice! I wanted to go with bright colors like blues and yellows, however, my husband's mother found this crib, my heart melted, and the design of her nursery changed 100%!
2. If there is anything about me you should know, it is that I am a lover of all things vintage/antique. I knew I didn't want just an ordinary changing table. I found this antique buffet on craigslist for $150 and new it would be perfect in her room! It stores her diapers, blankets, crib sheets, and the top drawer that has dividers is perfect for diaper creams, pacifiers, and other items we need within reach!
3. The Bentwood Rocker is another vintage find that I scored for $30 at a thrift store in my home town! I wanted a pop of color to stand out from all of the purple, so my mom painted it this beautiful magenta color and I couldn't be happier! (Excuse the padding under the rocker, that was a temporary fix to keep it from slipping on the floor).
4. The crib and bedding are from Bratt Decor. I have never seen anything more perfect in my life! The elegance is everything my little princess deserves. The light fixture also adds to the antique elegance! That bad boy was found at good o'l Lowes:)
5. We totally renovated this entire room for our little girl. Before, it had stick on tile that was pealing up, pop corn ceilings, broken base boards, and off white walls and woodwork! My husband and FIL scraped the floors and put down this beautiful faux wood floor. We went with faux because 1. It has a lifetime warranty, 2. Needs little maintenance, & 3. Is in a nursery where baby is going to get Lord knows what all over the place! We repainted the entire room and closet in Valspar's London Coach and our good friends helped us scrape the popcorn ceiling, retexture, and paint it and the woodwork a bright white:)
Thrifty Finds: Two antique glass lamps: $2.00/ Antique buffet: $150.00/ Bentwood Rocker: $30.00/ Mirror: Free.